Customer Success Stories
YMCA of Greater Seattle Increases Productivity and Adoption with Recruitment Platform Overhaul
The iCIMS Premium Success Plan helped the nonprofit tackle its unique, recruitment-specific business challenges
iCIMS CUSTOMER SINCE:
Recruit, Connect, Preboard & Premium Success
- Cut application time from 30 minutes to three minutes
- Reduced incomplete applications by 54 percent
HRIS, Job Distribution, Background Screening, I9 and E-Verify & Learning Management System
Founded in 1876, the YMCA of Greater Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s leading nonprofit organisation, reaching more than 253,000 people with more than 3,000 employees across 13 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200 programme sites. In early 2018, the Seattle Y embarked on transforming its HR function over the coming two years, including consolidating the decentralised recruiting efforts of its 300 line Managers in 13 branches under the corporate office.
To support its new centralised structure, scale with its changing needs, find ways to reduce candidate drop off, and cut down time-to-fill and time-to-apply, the Seattle Y engaged iCIMS’ Premium Success support programme to:
- increase platform productivity
- drive adoption
- maximise the return on investment
iCIMS Premium Success provides a higher level of support to organisations with complex and unique hiring needs with a dedicated technical resource, 24x7 support, as well as annual system health checks.
CUT APPLICATION TIME FROM 30 MINUTES TO 3 MINUTES
REDUCED INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS BY 54%
To increase recruiters’ productivity and adoption, iCIMS Premium Success helped the Seattle Y:
1. Improve the mobile application process: iCIMS found that the majority of applicant drop-off occurred when candidates applied with mobile devices. The Seattle Y improved the candidate experience by removing steps, such as requiring a cover letter and desired salary, and using dropdown lists instead of long, free-text boxes, which are difficult to fill out on a mobile device. In less than four months, completed applications on mobile devices increased from 10 percent to 23 percent.
2. Restructure its recruiting platform: iCIMS overhauled and restricted the line manager’s level of access in the platform. While line manager login groups were previously organised by location, iCIMS helped the Seattle Y centralise the process and gave all line Managers the same level of access to candidate information, preventing any compliance issues.
3. Maximise use of integrations to other recruitment and HR solutions: iCIMS consulted with the Seattle Y to help move away from a manual reference checking process to an automated integration with partner solution, Checkster. With Checkster, the reference checking process is entirely online, saving recruiters up to an hour per candidate. Because of the iCIMS integration, the Seattle Y’s recruiters and line Managers can see each candidate’s references within the candidate profile in the iCIMS platform, eliminating the need to log in to different systems.
“We’ve created a strong partnership [with iCIMS] and having someone that knows the story and what we are moving toward saves time, money and is more efficient.
We reviewed our application process and our iCIMS customer success manager helped us reduce incomplete applications by 54 percent and cut the time to complete an application from 30 to three minutes, by removing unnecessary steps for applicants. This partnership has helped us make amazing progress, and I don’t think I could do it without our [iCIMS] customer success manager.”